Apply by June 17, 2011, or December 16, 2011*
Washington DC—LibQUAL+® will award up to five institutions in-kind grants to participate in the 2012 LibQUAL+® survey, with a goal of offering one grant for every 50 libraries registered. This will be the seventh year LibQUAL+® has sponsored an in-kind grant program. There are two application deadlines for the 2012 grant program: June 17, 2011, and December 16, 2011.
Selection of grant recipients will be based on the following criteria:
Financial need. The ability of the institution to pay the 2012** fee for participation in LibQUAL+® will be considered. Applicants with the greatest financial need, who also meet the other criteria, will be given priority.
- Contribution to the growth of LibQUAL+®. The LibQUAL+® team continues to have strong interest in expanding the reach and scope of the survey in terms of how the survey is applied in different environments. Institutions whose participation would represent a new library type, a new language translation, a new country, or would otherwise increase the diversity of the LibQUAL+® project are particularly encouraged to apply. The team is seeking institutions whose participation will provide the team with the best opportunity to further its understanding of library service quality.
- Improvements in local service and quality. The ability of the participating library to both improve overall services and contribute to the quality of service provided to students and faculty at the institution will be considered.
* The early deadline allows us to plan for translations in new languages with an adequate planning cycle.
** 2012 fee is $3,200. For institutions participating on an annual or biennial basis the fees are discounted. For more details, see our fee schedule.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by an advisory committee consisting of:
- Colleen Cook, Dean, McGill University Library, Canada
- Brinley Franklin, Vice Provost, University of Connecticut Libraries, USA
- Fred Heath, Vice Provost and Director, University of Texas Libraries, USA
- Martha Kyrillidou, Senior Director, Statistics and Service Quality Programs, Association of Research Libraries
- Charles Lowry, Executive Director, Association of Research Libraries
- Bruce Thompson, Distinguished Professor of Educational Psychology and CEHD Distinguished Research Fellow, and Distinguished Professor of Library Science, Texas A&M University, and Adjunct Professor of Allied Health Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine (Houston), and Executive Director, Southwest Educational Research Association, USA
- Stephen Town, Director of Information, University of York, UK
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following materials for consideration:
- A three- to five-page narrative explaining their unique situation and how they meet the criteria above (approximately 1,500 to 2,500 words)
- A brief paragraph describing their institution (fewer than 500 words)
- The name, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address of the contact person for the application
- A short biography of the person applying on behalf of the institution
Applications will be accepted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (202) 872-0884, or by mail to:
LibQUAL+® Grant Award
Association of Research Libraries
21 Dupont Circle, Suite 800
Washington DC 20036-1543
Association of Research Libraries
History of the In-Kind Grant program